Sunday 17 February 2013

Chanel Joues Contraste Blush: 68 Rose Ecrin


I've developed a bit of a thing for Chanel's Joues Contraste blushes recently, and the newest addition to the collection is Rose Ecrin, which was released as part of Chanel's 2011 Fall collection. 

Chanel Joues Contraste Blush: 68 Rose Ecrin

I'd describe the shade as a medium, neutral rose with very delicate/fine shimmer, which is barely visible on cheeks. On my NC15ish skin tone, it adds a pretty hint of sheer colour that looks incredibly natural. The subtle shimmer gives the shade a delicate sheen, which doesn't accentuate pores and creates a beautiful glowy effect. 

Chanel Rose ecrin Blush


Like the other shades I've purchased from the Joues Contraste range recently, Rose Ecrin is nicely pigmented, but applies quite sheerly. I personally quite like the colour pay off with the baked versions, as I prefer a barely there, natural touch of colour on my cheeks. Texture wise, Rose Ecrin is fairly soft and I'm able to pick up an adequate amount of product with a light sweep of my brush. The formula blends well and seems to last well on my combination skin throughout the day, too. 


Most days, I've been pairing it with a few of the shades from Laura Mercier's signature colour collection (Topaz & Kir Royal) and Chanel's Rouge Coco Lipstick in Jersey Rose, or Armani's Sheer lipstick 04 for a fairly natural and easy look.

Chanel Rose Ecrin Applied

Overall, I'm really pleased with Rose Ecrin and have been reaching for it almost daily since picking it up a few weeks ago. The pretty colour goes with a variety of different looks and shades, and the sheer pigmentation and easy to blend texture are both lovely.

6 comments:

  1. I've seen this all over the blogs -- it's so beautiful! Do you think this would show up on anyone darker than NC25?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would, but it would probably only add a subtle hint of colour.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a lovely everyday shade! A bit light for me so I'm going to pass, but I've been looking at the rest of the permanent Joues Contraste collection as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Liz. There are only a couple of shades that I have my eye on though. I think the next purchase will probably be Frivole.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate and read each and every one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...