Sunday 15 April 2012

Soap & Glory Sunday: Clean On Me Shower Gel


This weeks Soap & Glory product is, Clean On Me. A shower gel which contains natural mandarin peel and a built-in body lotion. It’s scented with the brand’s Original Pink fragrance, and promises soft, smooth, sexy skin.

Soap & Glory Clean on Me

Clean On Me is packaged in a rather pretty 500ml bottle and has a handy pump (more shower gels should have these!), which makes dispensing product an easy task. I haven’t smelt the Original Pink scent that it’s fragranced with, but like the brand’s body butter, which I wrote about last week, it smells lovely. It’s very sweet and fruity, but still fresh and in no way sickly. S&G describe the scent as a fresh, summery fragrance with orange leaf, lemon, peach, sweet strawberries, summer rose, gardenia blooms and jasmine. A lovely mix of fragrances, which create a feminine scent that lingers on my skin for a quite a while after I’ve used it. I still get a faint hint of the pretty aroma hours after washing with this, which is nice.


Consistency-wise, it’s quite thick and creamy and a few pumps produce a decent amount of lovely, bubbly foam/lather, which cleans well and feels soft and gentle. Soap & Glory claim Clean On Me has a built-in body lotion, and while it does leave my skin feeling soft and smooth, I can't say I've noticed any major improvements in hydration after using this. This isn't a problem for me as I'm more interested in how well it cleans, and it also gives me a good excuse to layer on one of the brands lotions or butters after.

Soap & Glory Clean On Me Shower Gel

The rich, bubbly lather rinses off easily and leaves no residue behind – just soft, clean skin.

Overall, it’s a really nice body wash, which cleans well without being harsh or drying, and like other products I’ve used from the S&G range, it smells delicious. I can't say I've noticed the built-in body lotion working it's magic, but it’s still a great product that’s pleasant to use and at £5.50 for a 500ml bottle, it’s excellent value for money, too.

Available from Boots.

1 comment:

  1. The smell you described DOES sound delicious! I've never tried Soap and Glory, so these posts have been a helpful primer :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate and read each and every one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...