Wednesday 14 September 2011

My First Empties Post!


I decided to clean out my bathroom cabinet last month and was quite shocked at how many lotions and potions I'd managed to store away in there. When I'd finished going through everything, I decided to set myself a little goal to try and use up some of them. I didn't actually do well with the things I'd planned on finishing, but I still managed to create a nice little pile of empty bottles, tubes and tubs over the past month.

Moroccanoil

Moroccanoil - I really wanted to finish my little 25ml bottle of Moroccanoil because I also have a full size bottle waiting to be used, which I purchased shortly after testing out my mini, sample size. I have fine hair and don't normally get on well with oils, but this leaves it soft, smooth and glossy and doesn't weigh it down. I love the scent of Moroccanoil and I love how it cuts down on drying time too, it's great stuff.

Dr Sebagh Mask

Dr Sebagh Deep Exfoliating Mask - I've already mentioned this on quite a few occasions so I wont ramble on about it too much. It's expensive stuff, but it's worked really well at helping to reduce acne scarring and blemishes and the above pot lasted a good year with me using it once a week, so I'll definitely be buying another tub soon.

Dior Cleansing gelee

Dior Cleansing Gelee for Face, Lips and Eyes - I picked this up a while ago, mainly because it was reduced. It feels lovely and removes make up (including waterproof mascara) really well, but it's pretty expensive. I would probably buy it again at a reduced price, but I'm not sure I'd pay full price for it, because there are lots of similar products out there that remove make up just as well and cost a whole lot less.

Weleda Pomegranate Body Oil

Weleda Pomegranate Regenerating Body Oil - I received this in my first GlossyBox and I absolutely love the stuff. It hydrates really well without feeling greasy and it smells divine. I've already bought myself another bottle and I'm tempted to try out some of the other Weleda oils on offer too.

Murad Acne Cleanser

Murad Time Release Acne Cleanser - This was another GlossyBox item. I've heard quite a lot of good things about Murad products, so I was looking forward to giving this a go. I've been using it almost everyday since I received it and it is quite nice, but I can't say I've noticed any positive improvements in blemishes or blocked pores, so I wont be replacing this.

Alpha Hydroc Souffle

Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle - I've used this on and off for a couple of years now and it's really helped to fade acne scars and has also helped with blocked pores. I haven't decided on whether I'm going to re-purchase yet, because I'm currently testing out a few other glycolic acid products which I seem to be getting on well with. They're slightly more expensive than Alpha Hydrox, but they're much easier to get hold of here. 

These are actually the first products I've finished in quite a while and I'd forgotten how good it feels to have a little pile of empties. I know there aren't loads of items there, but it's a start and it's made me determined to use up some more of the products I've squirreled away. I may even have a go at trying to finish some make up next month! 


Have you managed to finish any products recently?

11 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed with empties posts, haha. I think I finished some shower gel lately, that counts, right? :P I think I need to give Moroccanoil a try - been hearing such great things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yey for empties! I'm always excited to post my monthly empties (:

    I really want to try something from Moroccanoil but I wonder if it's cruelty-free?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had my full bottle of moroccanoil since january and it's still 3/4 full even after daily use! That thing lasts for ages, I should've bought the smaller bottle! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done you! I love the Weleda oil. It't got an amazing scent and leaves your skin feeling amazing. I'm undecided on the Murad cleanser too... x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So it is true... it can happen.. :D <3 Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Love empties posts, you've done well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't tried Morrocan oil, but I've used the Macademia oil and i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've used this Murad cleanser and while it was okay, it didn't blow me away. Their Clarifying Cleanser is my favourite - really keeps my skin in check (though may be a bit drying for some peeps).

    As for my empties... I think I NEVER finish any products. Or wait, I did finish a shampoo a few days ago which is a bit of a miracle. My empties post would be very short and boring: just one product - a shampoo :-D

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Larie - Yeah, shower gels definitely count! :D The Moroccanoil is brilliant stuff, it's made a huge difference to my hair and the reduction in drying time is really handy!

    Gaby - I'm not sure. It doesn't say anything on the bottle, but after searching around online, it looks like it is cruelty free. Might be worth double checking though as I can't find any info on the brand site.

    Makeup and Macaroons - I know! I'm honestly shocked at how long the sample bottle has lasted!

    Leanne OCD - Thanks! :D The Weleda oil is really nice stuff and it does hydrate brilliantly! The Murad cleanser was ok, but it didn't wow me either.

    Laura - It can! :D

    Vintage - Me too, it's nice to see what others have been using up and whether they plan on repurchasing.

    Staci - Oooh, I haven't actually tried Macademia oil, might have to have a look in to that!

    Miss A - You know, I have actually tried a few other products from the Murad range, but I can't remember exactly what they were. I did try a wash/cleanser, which I found to be quite drying so it may have been the one you mentioned.

    I know what you mean with the empties, I rarely finish products either. I was quite proud of what I'd managed to use up this month, so I thought I'd share :D

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Check you out! Go, Nat, go! :D

    I can't believe you finished a MoroccanOil. So glad it worked out well for you! I'm still working on the full size bottle but it basically gathered dust all summer. I'll be relying on it again come winter.

    Looking forward to your next empties post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love an empties post!! The Weleda oil sounds delicious and I like moroccan oil only fine hair too

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate and read each and every one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...