Monday 29 August 2011

Myface Gigabite Lipstick & Lip Pencil: Strawberry Fields & Nude

I was recently sent a few things to try from the myface cosmetics range. I've already shared my thoughts on the brands foundation (mymix) and today I thought I'd do a little post on the lip products I was sent.


The first is one of the brands Gigabite lipsticks in the shade Strawberry Fields, which is from the "red hot mama" collection in their fair skin range. The colour looks like a very bright, slightly scary red in the tube, but it actually applies sheer and becomes more of a juicy, pinky, strawberry shade on lips.

Myface Gigabite Lipstick: Strawberry Fields

If you look really closely, you can just about see the very delicate gold shimmers which are barely visible when it's on.

Myface Strawberry Fields

The scent free formula feels lovely. It's soft, applies well without dragging or pulling and feels quite hydrating. The finish is sheer and glossy, but doesn't feel tacky or sticky at all and I've found the shade to be fairly long lasting. I'd say I get a good couple of hours wear before the colour starts to fade, which I find to be the case with most sheer/glossy lipsticks. As Strawberry Fields fades, it leaves behind a delicate, pretty stain.

Strawberry Fields applied

All in all, it's a really lovely shade which I've actually found myself reaching for a lot since I got it. The formula is comfortable, non drying and leaves lips feeling quite soft and hydrated. Myface lipsticks are slightly more expensive than other drugstores brands, such as Revlon and L'oreal, but in my opinion they're worth paying a few extra pounds for.

Available from myface.co.uk/.com & Boots where they cost £9.99. Boots don't seem to offer many of the shades, though and Strawberry Fields is currently out of stock.



Myface Lip Pencil: Nude

Next up is the brands lip pencil in Nude, which is again from the fair skin range. Now, I've bought quite a few Nude lip pencils from quite a lot of different brands over the last couple of years and almost all of them have been the wrong colour for me and have ended up being either too dark or too brown. Myface Nude is the shade I've been searching for and the pinky beige colour works perfectly as both a natural liner and also as a base for lighter lip colours. It blurs out my fairly pigmented, natural lip colour perfectly and allows me to wear some of the paler lipsticks in my stash.

Myface Lip Pencil: Nude
 
I've used Nude to fill in my lips in the photo below to give a good idea of the colour.
 
Myface Nude Lip Pencil Applied
 
The lip pencil isn't the creamiest I've tried but it's not drying either and draws nicely. It also stays put and increases wear time of any lip products I apply over the top. I don't normally get excited over lip or eye pencils, but I really am pleased with this one and will definitely be re-purchasing in the future.

Available from myface.co.uk/.com & Boots where they cost £6.49.

I'm really happy with both lip products I was sent from myface and I'm also impressed with the foundation. I'd actually go as far as to say, the products are some of the best quality I've tried from any drugstore brand and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase more products from the lip range in the future. I'm also really tempted to try some of the blush shades, which I've read some really positive reviews on recently. 


Have you tried anything from the myface range? What do you think of the products?

5 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this brand before, but that lipstick looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a soft spot for nude lip pencils & this one looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are really pretty! I especially love Strawberry Fields on you, totally suits you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried this range! I want to, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That lipstick looks so lush on you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate and read each and every one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...