Friday 27 May 2011

Quick review: Avene Cleanance Gel

I picked up a bottle of Avene's Cleanance gel last week after reading a review written by the lovely Miss A over at Beauty and Make-up Boudoir. I actually picked it up for my boyfriend who's a huge fan of Avene products (he absolutely loves Cleanance K), but started using some myself after he told me how impressed he was with it. I've used quite a few different products from Avene in the past and have always been really pleased with them, this is actually the first cleanser I've tried from the brand though.


Cleanance gel is aimed at oily, blemish prone skin types and is designed to eliminate impurities and excess sebum without stripping skin. It's soap free, has a PH level of 7.2 to minimize the trigger of excess sebum production and contains Avène thermal spring water to soothe and soften skin.


So, what are my thoughts on it? Well, my skin really seems to like it. It feels nice and gentle, smells really fresh and does a pretty good job at cleaning too. I often find that washes which are aimed at oily skin types are too harsh and drying but Cleanance gel manages to clean well without leaving my skin feeling dry or tight. It removes any last traces of make up and my face feels soft and looks calm after using. 

Avene claim that Cleanance gel will help to reduce excess oil, and after using for the last few days I can say that I've definitely noticed an improvement. My skin's been less oily and shiny than it normally is and I've found myself blotting my problem areas less often throughout the day. My boyfriend who has combination skin, has noticed similar results too.


Recommended?

Definitely. If you have oily or combination skin, it might be worth giving Cleanance a go. I imagine it would also work well on normal and more sensitive skin types too because the non drying formula really is nice and gentle. At £8.25 for a 200ml bottle (Boots) it's quite reasonably priced and because such a small amount is needed with each use, the bottle should last quite a while too.

Do you have any favourites from Avene?

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I MUST try this. Great review! I love Avene products, and the cleansing lotion will feel a bit heavy as it heats up and my skin becomes more oily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very reasonably priced! :) Sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm quite curious about the brand. Sounds like this cleanser is a great one to start with. (Also oily skin here.) Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use Avene products too for my redness prone skin. I love their thermal spray. Nice to see a review on this one too! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review - I agree with everything you've said.
    So many cleansers tend to strip my skin and leave it feeling very tight - Avene never does that.

    Sounds like you should've bought two of these ;-)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. i wanted to try this for long time. thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I'm going to need to try some avene products! I've been avoiding them since a terrible experience with diacneal but i'll have to give them a go again :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate and read each and every one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...